Custom Build Altec
Buy it here and save $290 off the Reverb.com price!
Custom personal build starting with the design of the famous Altec 436c, implementing the Abbey Road / EMI mods of the RS124 to stabilise the compression and reduce noise. Also added in the Altec 438 mic preamp stage. Single Ground point for minimal noise. Studio Quality build, incredibly smooth compression. Can run on 120v or 220v.
Carefully Packed for shipping. Rubber feet for desktop use or rackmountable
- Genuine Altec faceplate
- Amperex vintage VU meter (with incandescent bulb lighting),
- Meter Zero knob
- NOS RCA tubes (6AL5, 6BC8, 6CG7, 12AY7)
- 8 position rotary switch release. With hold (no release) settings in between
- Variable attack time using audiophile quality capacitors.
- Internal Neon bulb Bias null function to balance the 6BC8 tube
- Switchable phantom power (+48v) on XLR input
- Vintage Hammond interstage and output transformers, NOS Altec mic input transformer
- German F&T Caps for power filtering
- Balanced/ unbalanced input and output
Sad to let it go, but am downsizing. Currently using it to record an album, so if purchased, you may have to wait a week for shipment (I really love it!)